My name is Milly, and I’m a soapmaker. I make cold process soap in my little kitchen. About six years ago, I wanted to come up with unique Christmas gifts to give to my family. I’ve always loved handmade bath products, so I decided to try and make soap. Needless to say, the gifts were a hit. I took a break for a few years, but in 2006, I decided to start soaping again. It has been a lot of fun and I can’t get enough of it. I have truly found my passion in soapmaking.
10 Things About Me:
- I have been a vegetarian since 7th grade. I don’t like the smell or taste of any meat or seafood.
- I have lived in almost every region of the U.S., except the Pacific Northwest and the South.
- Not only am I addicted to soap, I am also addicted to books. If there is a book sale nearby, I’m the first one in line (okay, maybe not the first).
- I come from a large Italian family.
- I love the smell of coffee brewing, but do not like the taste.
- One of my favorite places to visit is Vermont. It’s beautiful there no matter when you go.
- I remember conversations I had 10 years ago.
- I was 18 the first time I flew on an airplane; 13 the first time I rode the train to NYC.
- I tend to be more on the quite side, which drives chatty people nuts!
- One day, I’d like to film a documentary.